Updated: Jan 11
Recently we've had some of our professional clients looking to make a career change or embark on a new path with COVID coming to an end. Our advice when making a move is not to be reactive to external conditions but proactive in creating a career move that will help bring balance and fulfillment into one’s life.
Here are ten key self-reflection questions to ask yourself when pondering a career change.
1. Do I feel fulfilled by my current job? Why or why not?
2. What is my growth trajectory in my current organization?
3. Are my natural talents being nurtured and developed?
4. What talents do I want further grow, develop and share?
5. By doing so, how will I be better equipped to help others?
6. Is my proximity to family or friends important to me?
7. What type of social environment would help me thrive?
8. How much money do I need to live comfortably?
9. Am I ready to put in the work required for change?
10. How will I grow personally from making this move?
Always remember that even change for the better comes with inconveniences, but in the long run, if you make a career change for the betterment of yourself, you can’t lose.